Mini Project Monday: Buckets for Boys

It’s another no-spend Mini Project Monday here at Breezy Hill, which means I get to knock another half-finished project off my list!

On a whim, I bought some galvanized buckets from Dollarama a while ago…just $3 each!  I got five of them, one for each member of the family but wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with them.  I was inspired when I found this picture on Pinterest:

buckets
Source:  Buzzfeed/Remarkable Home

I liked the idea of spray painting the buckets different colours but this is, after all, a mini project and painting them would take much more time than I wanted to invest on this particular project.

So I went straight for the vinyl and the Cricut machine.  I cut out the numbers, names and brackets in different colours to coordinate with our “command centre” (another half-finished project that will be featured eventually!).  Both the command centre and these buckets will reside near the garage entrance inside the playroom, so I carried the colours through both.

IMG_4509
I think (hope) they will make my life easier to restore order in this house whenever the boys’ things wander all over.  Boy 1 and 2 are already putting them to good use and voluntarily gathering up their toys…music to this mommy’s ears!

Link Parties:
Adventures of Mel: Inspire Me Wednesday
The Thrifty Home: Penny Pinching Party
Rustic and Refined: Table It Link Party

Advertisements

Mini Project Monday: Simple Alphabet Art

Back in January, I put the playroom on my Home Goals 2015 list as one of the three rooms I wanted to finish this year.  Actually, I was hoping to get them all done before Baby#3 arrived but that in no way happened at all.

In that Home Goals post, I showed you some cute alphabet art with different coloured letters each on their own canvas.  I knew I could replicate it for our playroom with minimal cost.  The canvases were $3 each at Dollarama, which for the larger size is a steal of a price.  I already had most of the paint; the only colour I had to buy was orange.

It was super easy to do…I used painter’s tape to mark out the straight edges of the letters and free-hand painted the curves of the B, C and D.  The paint ran a little bit under the tape but the little people who use this room to play don’t care about things like that!

IMG_4417 
Sorry about the poor lighting in the picture…this room doesn’t get great light at any time of day.

I’ve had this mini project done since…I don’t even remember but a few months anyway.  I wanted to get the wall painted before I hung them up (you can see where I’ve patched the wall with drywall putty to fill in the holes/dents).  But I’m almost out of the wall paint so I went ahead and hung them up anyway.  I’m glad to have them on the wall so the little boys around here don’t feel the need to make surfboards out of them or something!